Philadelphia Rideshare Accident Attorney
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are immensely popular. A once unheard-of idea of letting a stranger give you a ride in their personal vehicle is now commonplace. However, rideshare accidents are a common occurrence. When someone is injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, they should be able to secure compensation. At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, we are here to help.
Why Do You Need a Rideshare Accident Lawyer?
Accidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles can become incredibly complicated. They usually require extensive investigation by a rideshare attorney with the experience and resources necessary to handle the case. Your attorney will work to obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability, including driver logs, accident reports, video and photo surveillance, eyewitness statements, and more.
Your Uber and Lyft accident lawyer will also work to ensure you are evaluated by a trusted medical professional who will assess the extent of your injuries. Importantly, your rideshare accident lawyer will handle negotiations with all parties involved in order to secure the compensation you need.
Who is Liable?
Just like any car accident, proving liability in these cases can be difficult. There could be various parties liable in these incidents:
- The rideshare driver. If the Uber or Lyft driver had a passenger at the time they caused a crash, then the rideshare company’s insurance carrier will generally cover damages for all parties involved. If the rideshare driver did not have a passenger, it is likely their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for damages.
- Another driver on the roadway. If another driver causes an accident while you are in a passenger in the rideshare vehicle, then Uber or Lyft’s insurance will still cover your damages.
Uber and Lyft have $1 million liability policies in place, but they only apply to situations when a driver has a passenger or is on the way to pick one up. In most other instances, a crash will be treated like any other car accident.
Why Do Ride Share Accidents Happen?
There were more than 128,000 total car accidents during the latest reporting year in Pennsylvania. Accidents with Uber and Lyft vehicles are going to occur. Rideshare drivers are not immune to making mistakes, nor are they immune from being impacted by other people’s driving errors. Some of the most common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents in Philadelphia are:
- Distracted driving. This can impact anyone on the roadway, particularly rideshare drivers who must continually look at their phones for directions and to accept fares.
- Drunk driving. Whether a rideshare driver is impaired or another driver on the roadway is, drunk driving is incredibly dangerous.
- Sudden stops. Uber and Lyft drivers often make unexpected stops when looking for their fares or when trying to find the right addresses.
Contact a Philadelphia Rideshare Accident Attorney Today
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle in Philadelphia, contact a rideshare accident attorney as soon as possible. At the Ciccarelli Law Offices, we are going to get to work investigating your case today. Our goal is to secure the compensation you need, which can include:
- Coverage of all crash-related medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against Uber or Lyft
When you need a Philadelphia rideshare accident attorney, contact Ciccarelli Law Offices, our car accident lawyers offer free case evaluations and will fight for a fair compensation.