Philadelphia Truck Jackknife Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucks on roadways can cause severe damage in the event they collide with passenger vehicles, especially when a jackknife accident occurs. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the actions of a negligent driver, Ciccarelli Law Offices is ready to help you secure the compensation you are entitled to. Our Philadelphia jackknife truck accident lawyers will investigate every aspect of your case and hold the negligent parties accountable.
Why choose Ciccarelli Law Offices?
After experiencing an injury from a Philadelphia truck jackknife accident, it is incredibly important to have an attorney you can count on to handle your case. At Ciccarelli Law Offices, we will assist you in every aspect of your case to ensure your priorities come first.
- With over 50 years of combined experience with personal injury cases in Philadelphia, the team at Ciccarelli Law Offices has attorneys fully prepared to work on your case.
- We have understanding and passionate injury lawyers that will provide the legal support that every client needs during the stressful situations lawsuits can create.
- We take Philadelphia truck jackknife accidents on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Jackknife Accident Common Injuries
From the data provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, we can see that large truck accidents have an impact on the citizens of the Commonwealth. According to the latest reporting year of data, there were:
- 7,336 total heavy truck accidents
- 118 fatal heavy truck accidents
The families of those killed in a truck jackknife accident have a right to compensation for the incident involving their loved one. However, those who are injured and survive a Philadelphia truck jackknife accident often sustain various injuries, such as the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Dislocated or broken bones
- Serious burns
All of these injuries can lead to costly medical bills and leave victims needing extensive medical care. Expenses in these cases not only include medical expenses, but also rehabilitation costs, lost income, vehicle repair and modifications, and more. In some cases, the victims of the accident sustain immense emotional and physical suffering and pain from losing the ability to work or participate in the same activities after the incident.
Who is at fault?
In Pennsylvania, the party at fault for a large commercial truck accident (or their insurance carrier), is generally responsible for covering expenses related to the incidents. In these cases, a jackknife accident is often caused by:
- Truck driver’s overcorrecting
- Tire blowouts
- Distracted truck drivers
- Incorrectly loaded cargo
- Fatigued driving
When this occurs, a truck driver or trucking company may be at-fault for the crash.
A common misconception of accidents is that one person will be entirely at fault for a collision with another vehicle. Instead, accidents are analyzed based on comparative negligence, in which both parties of the accident can have a percentage of fault. However, drivers that are found to be partially at fault for a collision can still secure compensation, with their total damages being reduced based on their percentage of fault.
Contact Ciccarelli Law Offices
Contact an attorney as soon as possible if you or someone you care about has been injured in a truck jackknife accident caused by another negligent driver. At Ciccarelli Law Offices, we will work on your behalf and completely investigate the incident in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to, including:
- Coverage of any medical expenses related to the accident
- Recovery of lost wages from the inability to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent driver or company